Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Turner Falls

This weekend is one of my favorite weekends of the year! Weston and I make a trip out to Turner Falls every year. We usually bring some of our friends along and we always have a good time. Last year was the 1st time we went by ourselves and that was the weekend he proposed!!! It is not only special because of that, it happens to be the place Weston told me he loved me for the 1st time (at the top of the mountain which I call the "I love you mountain"). So, ever since that 1st year we went together, we decided to make it an annual trip.
We left Friday morning and poor Weston was stuck with most of the girls. The guys were coming later since Nick had to work. When we arrived at Turner Falls it was time to put up all of our tents. Once we all finished... it was onto the river. Someone had the bright idea to walk up the stream and since 3 of us had flip flops on it was definitely hard. The rocks are very slippery since there is moss on them. I would know this since I fell the ENTIRE time. No really...true story. Then later that afternoon the rest of the guys got there. There were 10 of us campers total. That is the perfect amount of people to play some catch phrase (LOVE that game!!!) I am pretty sure the girls won.
Saturday morning it was off to Arbuckle Wilderness. We had so much fun feeding the animals even though some were a bit scary. Below are some pictures from the weekend.
Maverick and Baby on their way to Grandmas. They were excited! They knew they were going to the ranch and they love it there.
Turner Falls!!! A few people hanging out
They were being goofballs
This guy is so scary!



Hailee looks a little scared.


The giraffes are so cute!!!
Turtle Power!

I didn't take alot of pictures at Turner Falls, but I wish I did. We were all too busy enjoying ourselves and laughing the whole time (because that is what we do.) Well, to finish up Saturday night at around bedtime some horrible storms came. Good thing we all had out tent covers on! The next morning when the rain stopped we rushed to pack up everything and headed to Dallas. I love the fact that Turner Falls is only 2 hours away. It is such a short trip, but it is still out of town. Sunday when we got home we were exhausted and took a 3 hour nap! I am not fond of naps, but it had to be the best sleep I got all weekend. Yea for another fun weekend at Turner Falls and I can't wait until next year!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a blast Suzy! I'm so sad we couldn't go....hopefully next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brent and I went to Arbuckle Wilderness last year and I was totally scared of the ostrich too. Those things are mean and scccaaarrryyy. Glad ya'll had fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was one of my most favorite trips ever!! So fun! Let me know if yall go back this summer b/c we go to Texoma all the time and we could meet yall :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete