Holly and I trained 3 months for this half marathon. I've got to admit, I was a bit intimidated since there were SO MANY PEOPLE! I had butterflies and felt like I did back in high school when I was waiting for a track meet.
I woke up a 4:50am to get ready. I just took a relaxing bath to relax my muscles then ate breakfast. Holly came to pick me up at 6:45am and we headed to downtown. There was no traffic and we had enough time to figure out where we needed to go. Since there were so many runners they had 3 corrals. We were in corral C. 8:05am the race started, but we didn't get to the start line till 8:16am. It was truly beautiful running through Dallas.
Ready for our half marathon!
Let's do this!
Starting the race. It was really exciting. Fireworks to start the race and confetti.
All the runners in front of us.
All the runners in our corral behind us.
We did it!!! Great job Holls!!! What an accomplishment! 13.1 miles just like that.
I finished at a time of 2 hours 21 minutes. I beat my time by almost 10 minutes from my 1st half marathon in September.














No comments:
Post a Comment