Saturday, March 28, 2015

Zooma Half Marathon in Austin

My sister and I completed the Zooma half marathon on Saturday. I came in 50th place out of my division with a time of 2 hours 45 minutes. This was my 3rd half marathon and by far the hardest. Apparently it is known that this is a challenging course which my sister and I didn't know. There is a 1,100 foot elevation gain over the course of 13.1 miles. The hills are very steep the entire time (except for the last 3 miles). I literally started to cry once I crossed the finish line since I didn't think I could do it. Although it was challenging, the run was gorgeous and my sister and I had fun.

Here's to my 3rd half marathon in 6 months!
 Thanks to my beautiful sister who really pushed me through the training and this half marathon. I really couldn't of done this one without her.



 And the munchkin came through the fence and ran after us.


 
 My dad and our kids were at the start, 10 mile marker and finish line to cheer us on.
While we were racing the kids were petting the animals.

 
Saturday after our race we went to an Easter egg hunt.








No comments:

Post a Comment