Tuesday, September 23, 2014

My 1st half marathon

I am so excited to say it has been 1 full year that I have been free and clear of melanoma! What better way to celebrate than to run in a half marathon. I started training back in May. I started early in case they found anything at my 10 month check up I wanted to make sure after the 6 weeks it takes from surgery and recovery that I could still try to make the race. Well, it didn't matter because this girl is on the right track.
 
My sister trained with me and I'm not going to lie, it was very challenging especially those days you do not want to go to the gym, but it pays off to have a partner to help push you through those tough days. My brother, mom, dad, niece and nephew were at the 7 and 9 mile marker to cheer us on and my family and Weston's whole family was there at the finish line waiting for me to cross. Seeing all them helped push myself a little harder especially when I felt I didn't have anymore energy.
 
I finished 90th place in my division at a time of 2 hours and 32 minutes!
We are ready to start!!!
Mile 7
Mile 12
 
Thanks to my hubby for the pics he took during my run.
 WE DID IT!!! WE DID IT!!!

 The view while running was GORGEOUS! There were about 15 hot air balloon in the sky. This was Weston's view while we were running.




 Thanks again to my amazing hubby for being so supportive throughout these past 4 months. He and Triston had a card in my car race morning.

2 comments:

  1. What an accomplishment! You should be so proud of yourself! I am proud of you! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Danielle. Love you and miss you too!!!

    ReplyDelete