Monday, June 9, 2014

Triston's 1st camping trip at Daingerfield State Park.

I can't believe the weekend is already over. We had the best time going to Daingerfield State Park. This was Triston's 1st time camping. Weston and I love the outdoors and we were hoping our little dude would love it as much as we do. He said, "I love camping!" He said his favorite part was sleeping in the tent, smores, fishing and Mason. The state park is about 2 hours from Dallas. We left Friday at 5. Triston was SO EXCITED! We put up the tent 1st and unloaded everything else. Then we started making smores before bed.
 
Saturday morning we all woke up at 6:15am. We started our morning fishing. We didn't catch anything, but Weston had a bite. Then Mason's family arrived and we went for a hike on the hiking trail and then cooked lunch. After that we headed to the lake to go swimming. The water was perfect! The kids had a blast swimming and jumping off the island in the middle of the pond. Then we headed back to the campsite to cook dinner and get ready for smores. The kids had such a fun time making smores. They were sooooo good. I'm not going to lie, I ate a ton of smores. :) Once we were done I got out the glow sticks that I got for the kids to use when it got dark. After Mason's family went back home we took showers and got to bed around 10pm.
 
When I woke up Sunday morning Weston had almost everything already packed. We waited awhile for Triston to wake up. We had Jaycee's 5th birthday to attend that afternoon so we were trying to get going for the day.
 
On a side note. I started training for a half-marathon so Sunday (Day 4 of my training) when we got back I ran 4 miles on the Rockwall bridge. It went great and was my 1st time on the ground instead of the treadmill.
The Pybs outdoor adventure!
We are here!!!
Best buds
Doesn't get much better than this.
Showing Triston the art of making smores.



Triston had his map and was telling everyone where to go. It was so funny.
Mmmmm smores

Perfect timing.
 




Ready to go hiking.

 The beautiful outdoors.



 Triston said, "Mommy, a horse!" He pulled the extension cord to make it look like reins for his "horse." Creative little minds.
 View from our tent.

 The McNeillis Family (Triston's best buddy from his school that moved away).
  Sweet friends.
On to the next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment