Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A trip to the ER and T can roll over

Yesterday seriously was a crazy day. I went to work out during my lunch hour and when I got out of my work out class I had a call from Triston's daycare. He was throwing up yellow and green mucus.
I immediately went to pick him up and right when I got there he smiled at me, but I could see by his face how much pain he was in. He then began throwing up again. I went to the pediatrician and they got him in pretty quick. I noticed Triston's face was discolored and he wasn't too responsive to the nurse. The nurse came in twice checking his O2 levels and he was at a 90-91 which you have to go to the ER if it is at a 90. The pediatrician still checked him out and said 3 areas of concern were the bronchilitis, his breathing and to be honest I don't even remember the 3rd thing. She said they just called 911 and he has to go to the ER now.
I started tearing up and had to stop because I had to be strong for my sweet kiddo. I called Weston and I started crying, but again had to pull it together so he could understand everything that was going on. I then called my Dad and he then left work to get to Children's hospital. So, within minutes the ambulance was there and they strapped me onto the stretcher with Triston. They had Triston breathing with a tube in his nose and the had a oxygen mask over that to help him breath. He really helped Triston. When we got to the hospital my Dad was there and Weston got there shortly after. Weston thinking ahead had ran home 1st to pack Triston, my and his bag, got pillows, blankets and toothbrushes. The doctor checked Triston out and his breathing was getting better. Then they did 3 x-rays. The doctor said the x-rays looked good and since his breathing got better we were able to leave a few hours later. They gave us a nebulizer to use on him and we had to continue suctioning his nose. I wanted nothing more than my son to feel better. He had this different cry which I could tell he was in pain. By the time we left, Daddy (Weston), made him happy and smiling. They never told us if that was a virus or what, but they did say bronchilitis was one of the issues that was causing the breathing issue. Thank the lord he is a little better, but will have to do the nebulizer and continue suctioning his nose.
The night ended on a postive note. Not only was Triston feeling a little better, but HE ROLLED OVER for the 1st time!!! Below is a picture of right when he did it. We were so proud of him!!!

2 comments:

  1. How scary, Sue!! I'm so sorry! Nothing in the world is scarier than when your kid(s) are sick or hurt!! I'm glad to hear he's doing better...and rolling over! What a big boy!! Hope he keeps getting better :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor baby!! Glad he's feeling better. He's such a trooper.

    ReplyDelete