Monday, April 26, 2010

Happy 1 year Anniversary!!!

I can't believe it has already been a year! Well, I just feel so blessed to have such an amazing man in my life who is so caring, intelligent, sweet, funny, and handsome. He is everything I ever wanted in a man and more. God really knew what he was doing by allowing us to be friends years before we started dating. I just am so smitten by this man and clearly that is why I married him. :) Thinking back on our wedding day last year, it was just so surreal. I never dreamed about a wedding , but at the end of the day it was everything I would of ever dreamed of and more. For the fact that the most important person in my life and the person who shaped me into the woman I am today was there meant more to me than anyone will ever know. All of you know that would be my sweet Papa. I actually am getting emotional writing this, but it is ok. It was hard losing him last year, but I know and understand he is in a better place. I am truly thankful that Weston not only was able to include him in all our wedding even by asking him first for my hand in marriage, but also being able to be there with Weston and I to celebrate our new life together. So, we ate our cake from our wedding. Weston's mom took the top of our cake and had it ALL year in her freezer. Last night was time to eat it and that we did. It was ok, but the idea of a year old cake grossed me out. Below is the picture of when I opened the cake to see what it still looked like. All I see is dead flowers. haha It did not look to appetizing. Fresh cake. He makes me so happy!

A look back on our special day. I have found the one whom my soul loves. Song of Solomon 3:4

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY GUYS!!!! That year went by FAST!! You were cracking me up with the cake...it's the thought that counts :)

    ReplyDelete