














Our wedding was such a special time for us because we have "only" been together for 6 years on July 4, 2009. The wedding was held in Canton, TX because it was the ONLY ranch that we fell in love with the minute we looked at it. It was SO us! We are both outdoorsy people and the ranch reminded us of his family's ranch in La Grange. Our closest friends (the whole wedding party) stayed the night of the wedding. So, after hours we still were partying. Yes, even the cops came since the DJ was so loud. We woke up the next morning with breakfast in our suite. Then it was off to leave for our honeymoon! Once we arrived at the airport, Weston and I saw on every TV stuff about the Swine Flu. We both looked at each other because we didn't hear anything about this until we were at the airport. Apparently there was an epidemic that started in Mexico and yes, we were headed to Mexico. Once we made it to Los Cabos Airport we saw a few people with mask on. I laughed because this would ONLY happen on our honeymoon. Anyway, once we got to our hotel we walked around and checked out the place. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL!!! Then abound 6ish we went to take a power nap. Well, since we were so exhausted from partying all night from the wedding and traveling, the power nap lasted till the next morning. Throughout the week we relaxed at the pool, did a little water aerobics, swam with the dolphins, watched a Broadway show, rode ATVs on the sand dunes (like Napoleon's grandma) and went to the beach. When we were at the beach we noticed a baby eel that was buried in the sand. An older gentleman walked by and pulled the baby eel out of the sand and the sucker was 2 feet long! He then proceeded to throw the eel into the Sea of Cortez. Make no mistake...I did NOT get back in the water after that.



The adventure continues...
We flew from Cabo to Mexico City.We were supposed to be home Saturday night and they canceled our flight from Mexico City to Dallas. We were not happy about this since we were ready to just get home. Well, I started talking to a guy who was supposed to be on our canceled flight and he said he was starting at my job Monday. RANDOM. I continued talking with him and he actually lived in Mexico City for 31 years. So, instead of sitting in our hotel, we all got a taxi and Michael showed us around town. It was so different than I thought it would be. Mexico City is a very interesting place! Very few people were walking around since the city was under quarantine from the Swine Flu. Finally, the next morning our flight was on time and we made it back to Dallas Sunday afternoon. We had such an amazing time together and I can't wait for our next trip together (hopefully in Europe)!
Sue I am so glad yall got a blog! Now even the non-facebookers like myself (or maybe I'm the only one...) can keep up with you guys!! I love all your pictures and I'm so glad yall enjoyed the honeymoon! Yall are both such hard workers and yall deserved a good vacation! Well congrats and I'm excited about your new blog!! Love yall!
ReplyDeleteDanielle
Fabulous first blog Mrs. Pyburn! And the wedding pics are beyond beautiful...I can't wait to see the rest. I LOVE the one of you and the dolphin, I wish we had gotten one like that when we swam with the dolphins on our honeymoon. So glad I can stay up to date on the Pyburn's ;)!
ReplyDeleteThis is funny because I actually started a blog on this same site a couple of month's ago but haven't been using it regularly..anyway I'm "following" you now-whatever that means
ReplyDelete